Helpful Hints – Be Prepared
[Below are helpful tips take what you need and leave the rest…]
- Make a copy of your passport to carry with you. Keep originals in luggage or safe. NEVER CARRY YOUR ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS WHEN EXPLORING THE ISLAND.
- Be sure to have your hotel confirmation number and airline flight.
- Check-in 24 hours with your airlines to confirm there were no flight changes.
- Packing Requirements (check your airline for up-to-date information):Only 1 carry-on is allowed and the weight may not exceed 40 lbs
- Check your airline for baggage fees. Typically you’re allowed one free checked bag on international flights.
- There is also an additional charge for overweight luggage. Bags between 51-70lbs are charged $50 and bags from 71-100lbs are charged an additional $100. Bags greater than 100lbs are not allowed.
- Liquids included in carry-on luggage may not exceed 3 ounces and must be inside a quart size zip lock bag. Liquids include, but are not limited to: lotion, shampoo, hair gel, body wash, lip gloss, nail polish, perfume, toothpaste and mouth wash.
- Dramamine- For Motion Sickness
- Sun Block
- Sun Glasses/ Shades
- Beach Bag and your W-HOTS Beach Towel
- Goggles- For Jet-ski or Banana Boat Rides
- Extra batteries for your camera
- Waterproof Camera
- Water Shoes
- Plastic Cork Screw- To open wine bottles
- Sewing Kit
- Cash Money- To shop when you are off the ship. Don’t forget your singles for tipping. RECOMMENDATION: AT LEAST $100 SINGLES
- Check with your phone provideron cost to use your cellphone including text messaging, phone calls, and internet usage. Suggestion is to put your phone on airplane mode (so that you can take pictures) or if you need to make calls to the U.S., purchase a temporary phone. CHECK WITH YOUR PHONE PROVIDER FOR OPTIONS.
Unfortunately you won’t be able to blame it on the alcohol. Even on a BIG ship-motion sickness can happen.
Be prepared – ask your doctor – any doctor can prescribe for you THE PATCH – also known as Transderm Scop. You don’t want to spend your vacation being blue – you’ll want to be brown (tanned that is).
If you get motion sickness (same feeling when riding in the back seat of a car) then you already probably know about THE PATCH but be aware that if you drink libations on the ship and are experiencing a little nausea, the alcohol will cancel out the patch and you may become sick and then you can BLAME IT ON THE ALCOHOL.
Good luck and may you just need to read this in fun… and not necessity.
OUR GOAL IS THAT YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL VACATION EXPERIENCE.
LET’S CREATE MEMORIES TO LAST A LIFETIME…